The Family That Plays Together Stays Together!

Always live life to the fullest, with no regrets.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Brayden's First Big Ouchie

The evening of August 15 started out pretty normal.  I got home from work, then Robert, Brayden and I went to Focus Salon so the boys could get their hairs cut.  It was a great trip there as Brayden just sat there and let Sabrina cut his hair...he was such a good boy.  We get done with their hair cuts and come home and start dinner.  We are going to have BLTs so we went outside and Robert got all the bacon put on the grill, and gets it turned on and cooking...the all of a sudden we hear a bang and Brayden crying...look over and there is blood everywhere.  Our little guy decided that he was going to bust his head open.
 
We come in the house I am holding him and he is bleeding all down his head...I have blood all over me...Robert gets the blood wiped off of both of us...then gets dinner of the grill to finish cooking later....we get loaded up in the car and headed to the ER.
 
We get all signed in at the ER and wait to get called back.  I am feeling like crap cause my sweet boy is hurting and has like an inch long cut on his head...so I am wondering how many stitches is he going to have to get...all this stuff running through my head.  We finally get called back and someone come and looks at him...and say that he is going to put a staple in his head...I was not prepared for that.
 
Then he explained what they were going to do to him...and having him get a staple would be a lot easier than trying to stitch his little head.  They first put this numbing gel on his head and let that set for about 20 mins...then they came back and wrapped him up like a little burrito so they could work on him easier...Brayden didn't like that at all.  They then cleaned his head and checked to see how many staples he was going to need.  It turned out that he only needed one...so they quickly stapled it and he was done.  The doctor then came back with a Popsicle for our sweet boy.
 
He was so brave and did so good.  We were very proud of him.  The following Monday we went to Havasu to see his pediatrician and have the staple removed.  He of course was awesome and didn't even cry with Dr. Diehl removed it.
 
Our Brave Little Boy with his first staple
 

1 comment: