The Family That Plays Together Stays Together!

Always live life to the fullest, with no regrets.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 9, 2012

Welcome Brayden Conner Tooker

...well Brayden wasn't waiting for the Dr to arrive...he was ready to come out and see us...and he did just that.  At 3:46 am on March 26, 2011 Brayden Conner Tooker joined us weighing in at 7 pounds 7 ounces and 20 inches long.


Words cannot describe the feeling that I felt seeing him for the first time...he was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.  The nurse laid him on my chest and I feel in love at first sight and everything was perfect.  There really are no words to describe those first moments with him.


Of course Robert cut the cord and then the other nurse took Brayden to the little bed and starting getting all his measurements, labeled him as mine (which is good because I wouldn't want anyone else taking him), got his footprints, gave him his first shots :( and got him cleaned up and ready to meet the family.



While Brayden was being taken care of my Dr came and she had to take care of me.  Brayden came so fast that he did a little damage to his momma internally..all worth it:) So, my Dr was doing some repair work...let's just say that while that was going on I was second guessing not having an epidural...but in the end I am so glad that I didn't.  It was a little concerning as I did lose a far amount of blood and my blood pressure was dropping...but my awesome Dr had everything under control.

Now that we both are cleaned up and I have my baby back in my arms I couldn't be happier.  It is now sometime after 5 in the morning and Great Papa Jim, Great Auntie Tina and Papa Tom come in to meet little Brayden.  Everyone was so excited to see him...it was just amazing.  After everyone was able to see him they started saying their goodbyes.  Gram, Papa and Auntie Tina headed back to Meadview.  Robert and Kelli headed back home to sleep for a little bit so they could come back and be with us.  Mom and Tom were able to get a hotel room in Havasu, so they went there and slept for a bit.



 It is now about 6:30 and Robert lets me know that he has made it home and will be back soon.  So, it is just me and my little angel....

2 comments:

  1. No epidural?! That is awesome! I only did it drug-free with Cohen, and it was honestly the hardest thing I've ever had to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I really didn't want one...I was so glad that I did it without one.

    ReplyDelete