...well they have now moved me from the monitoring room to Labor and Delivery Room 1. My nurse is now starting all the processes of getting me admitted. To start things off I had to get a lovely IV, that was for sure not too much fun:) Then they got me all hooked back up to the monitors in that room.
So, now I am settled in...well as much as settled as I can be...now the process of waiting while my body does its work of getting ready to deliver little Brayden. In the beginning it was just Robert, Kelli and I. They were both so awesome in helping me through the contractions...Kelli kept giving me water so that way I wasn't thirsty and Robert would watch the monitor and help me through the contractions by letting me know when they were easing and helping me breath and count. Gram, Papa and Auntie Tina have now arrived and they all came in to say hi, and then Papa and Auntie Tina went and waited for Brayden to make is grand entrance in the waiting room. Gram stayed in there with us to help...it was wonderful having them in the room with me...it was a very special time.
A little after 1:00 am Dr. Weise came in and checked on me and broke my water...at this time I was dilated to about a 7-8. They weren't sure how long it would take to progess from here, so Dr Weise went home and said she would be back when it was closer for me to push.
As time is going on I am really feeling like I need to push...my nurse came in and checked me and said that I still needed to wait a bit as I was at a 8-9. So some more laboring we did. After about another hour I told Robert that I really needed to push, so he went and got the nurse and she checked me again to find out that I was at a 10 and ready to push.
Both nurses came in the room and the one started getting everything ready for when Brayden was delivered. My nurse had me start pushing, it was about 3:15 am at this time. I am not sure when they called Dr. Weise, but she wasn't there yet. It is now probably about 3:40 am and I hear my mom...she has made it before he was born:) So now everyone that can be in the room is there but Dr.Weise is still not there...


Were you typing this as you were laboring, or did Kelli do the play-by-play for you? If you were typing, that is truly amazing!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI typed this after...there would have been no way that I was typing during:)
ReplyDelete