Yesterday, Kelli and Robert went to the park and he worked with her on batting. So, when she got to her game last night she was pumped and excited, because she felt very confident with herself. During the first inning Kelli was playing second base and was doing really well. Along came the second inning and she had the play of the inning, she caught the ball and through it to first getting the player from the other team out...she was very proud of herself. Well in the midst of catching the ball it came in contact with her lip. So, after she came off the field I went to the dug out to tell her what a great job she did, and she goes look at my lip the ball hit me when I caught it, I was like oh my are you okay, we didn't even see it hit you. So she was like my lip feels all numb, and then when she was talking her lip wasn't moving. When she woke up today all was okay, except for the bruised lip she now has.
Well by the look of the bruise I think the softball won. That's okay she made an awesome play. After her battle with the softball she was up to bat again. This time up to bat was fantastic. She had a perfect solid hit. It was the first time she has had a hit like this. I think the practice with her dad earlier in the day really paid off. She even has a good batting stance and everything now. I am so proud of her. I cannot wait until the next game to see another great hit.


No comments:
Post a Comment